- Log into your mobile banking app
- Select the “Deposit” icon from the menu
- Deposit a check
- Choose which account you’d like to deposit into
- Enter in the amount of the check
- Endorse with your signature and "FOR MOBILE DEPOSIT ONLY AT CBEDS"
- Take a picture of the front and back of your check
- Submit the deposit
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I make a Mobile Deposit?
A: Eligible item requirements are as follows:
- Checks must be payable to you, third party checks are not accepted
- Endorse the back of your check as follows:
Sign your name
Write "FOR MOBILE DEPOSIT ONLY AT CBEDS"
Add the date of deposit
- If the check is not properly endorsed, your deposit may be delayed or rejected.
- Deposit limits apply
Q: Who is eligible to use Community Bank Mobile Deposit?
A: Mobile deposit is available to customers who:
- Have enrolled in Community Bank’s Mobile Banking
- Have an active deposit account in good standing for a minimum of 60 days
- Have demonstrated financial responsibility with all accounts
- Are at least 18 years of age
Q: Should I endorse my check before taking a picture?
A: YES, please endorse with: Your Signature & "FOR MOBILE DEPOSIT ONLY AT CBEDS"
Q: How can I enroll in Mobile Deposit?
A: Call us at 417-876-6811
Q: When will the funds be made available on Mobile Deposit?
A: Generally, if the Mobile Deposit is done by 3:00pm it will be available the following business day. Deposits may take up to 2 business days, which are Monday - Friday, excluding federal holidays.
Q: Are there any helpful hints to make using Mobile Deposit more efficient?
A: Yes, please consider the following things when using Mobile Deposit.
- Make sure that the check amount entered matches the amount written.
- Verify it has been endorsed, with your signature & “For Mobile Deposit at Community Bank of EDS Only.’
- Make sure the checks are flat before taking the photo, in a well-lit area.
- When taking the picture keep the check where all four corners can be visible.
- Keep the phone steady above the check when taking your photo.
- Ensure the entire check image is visible and in focus before submitting the deposit.